Saturday, August 22, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Reconnect With The Ones You Love

My life lately has been like an old Barry Manilow song (yes, I admit that I used to listen to Barry Manilow ALL the time when I was younger) - I remember the lyric "we're two ships that pass in the night..." Being on the road so much - playing planes, trains and automobiles every week. Michael and I finally had a quiet evening together last night and it was so nice to reconnect with one another. Who have you been "passing in the night" lately? Who might you want to reconnect with today?

I went into the craft room wanting to play with white embossing powder. I went for a subtle look - white embossing on very vanilla card stock with my Pocket Silhouettes stamp set. Then a torn layer of bashful blue with some paper piercing. The letters in "joy" are sizzlits for the Big Shot (round-a-bout). I think this will make an adorable baby card for a friend that just had a baby boy. Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

That will make a wonderful baby card. Perfectly said.