Thursday, July 30, 2009

Today's Lesson From Many Miles From The Craft Room: Sample Stuff

Dinner tonight was at a Mediterranean restaurant. There was a yogurt drink on the menu that was called ayran. I asked the waitress what it tasted like and her reply was "salty milk." Not the most appetizing description if you ask me...but she asked if I would like a taste of it and I figured it was worth a try. Now I can say I tried it...and yes, it tasted like salty milk. My dining companion tried it too and indicated that it didn't taste like the ayran he had had before...but I don't know if I'll try it again if I have the chance :) But at least I tried it - another experience that I might not have had. I then strolled around the outdoor mall and came upon a Harry & David store and sampled a tiny piece of cheesecake and a dark chocolate pretzel. It was a night of sampling stuff...and there was something very smorgasboard about it :) Whether it's in your creating or in your eating, sampling stuff can help you determine what you like and don't like. It also pushes you a bit past your comfort zone - something that is good for each of us to do every once in awhile :)

This 6x6 scrapbook page was a bit past my comfort zone as well. I haven't really tried my hand at scrapbooking, but this was one of my Artist of the Month submissions (I had to do both a 6x6 page and a 12x12 page). The ghost is from the Batty for You stamp set and the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes. Hope you don't mind a little Halloween in July :)

No comments: