Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Smile and Slow Down :)

I woke up early this morning since I was facilitating a webinar on negotiation from the comfort of my office - no webcam so I was able to wear my comfy clothes :) Whenever I do a webinar I post little notes to myself around the computer that say things like "Smile" and "Slow Down." Today I realized that those reminders aren't just good when I'm doing webinars, but they are also great when I am going about my day-to-day life. Maybe I need to start carrying a little bulletin board around with me wherever I go so that I can cover it in notes that remind me to smile, slow down, and appreciate every moment?

Today's sketch challenge was a ton of fun and, of course, I had to pull out my new alcohol inks! It's amazing what you can do with a few colors...I had no idea I'd be able to create orange so well with butterscotch and perfect plum! I applied the alcohol inks to glossy white paper and then stamped the More the Merrier stamp, with black Staz-On onto the inked cardstock. I cut out the pumpkins and raised them up on dimensionals and used my 1 1/4" square punch for the squares. I ran the kraft card stock through the big shot with the distressed texturz plate. Hope you like it! I know it's not November yet, but after being in the store yesterday and seeing X-mas decorations out already, I figured I was okay making a Turkey Day card :)

No comments: