Sunday, July 12, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Live Fully

This card is a thank you card for one of my aunts - I had to fly unexpectedly to Boston last Monday as my cousin Myles, 44 years old, suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. It's hard for me to even know what to write right now - so many lessons are tied up in his life and his death. Myles was a person who lived his own way - he did what he was drawn to do and touched so many people along the way. One of my other cousins told a story at the house, after the funeral, about Myles going to visit a college president when he was 18 years old. He was considering the school and the president turned to Myles and asked, "What would you like to be in 20 years?" And Miles looked at him and answered, "38." I smile just thinking about the exchange :) I also realize there is so much I don't know about my cousin - so many things I could have learned - so many opportunities I could have tried to create to get to know him more...and now, I will have to do so through others since he is no longer here. We never know when our time will be. All we do know is that each day we get closer to the time when we, and those we love, will no longer be here - at least not in the way we are now. So today, and every day, live fully - take it all in - this is a beautiful experience we are blessed to have.

1 comment:

twinkletoe said...

So sorry about your cousin. Sounds like he was a wonderful man.