Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Enjoy Your Sense Of Smell!

Ok - so this may sound like a strange lesson...but it wouldn't sound so strange if you were sitting here at my computer smelling fresh baked banana bread! It seems with all of my card making, I spend quite a bit of time with my sense of sight and touch...and only smell when I burn embossing powder! :) It is amazing how wonderful certain smells can make you feel - fresh baked banana bread, the cologne of someone you love, fresh cut grass and an evening rain shower. Tonight I'm all about enjoying my sense of smell...maybe I need to revisit making scratch and sniff cards :)

Today's card is for Michael's mom for her birthday. She LOVES birds so I thought this bird from the SU! Always stamp set was perfect. I embossed the bird with clear embossing powder (if you haven't had luck embossing with regular classic ink, try this tip: first ink up your stamp with versamark and then apply the classic ink - it keeps the classic ink color "wet" a lot longer so your embossing powder sticks really well). The paper is retired Walk In The Park and some of the colors are also retired (like the blue which is baja breeze). Retired or not, I love them and I'm gonna keep using them! :) Hope you like it!

No comments: