Saturday, July 18, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Alas For Those Who Cannot Sing, But Die With All Their Music In Them

I have this quote taped beside my computer. It is a reminder to sing our song - whatever that may be - everyday so that we live our music and do not die with our music never having been a part of this world. Making cards, creating, is a part of my music - it is one very vital way in which I sing. Thank you for sharing my song with me :)

My nieces are away at sleep-away camp until the end of the month so this card will be headed to one of them. I purchased the Wild About You set right before it retired - I was tempted to not buy it since it was retiring...but I loved it so much that I couldn't resist :) I stamped the lion image twice - once in close to cocoa and once in more mustard - and then cut out the more mustard face and adhered it with dimensionals to the cocoa body. The certainly celery card stock was run through an embossing folder. The "window" was punched using my oval punch and then I stamped the greeting on the layer beneath. I added the ribbon and the button latte button as a finishing touch! Hope you like this particular song :)

No comments: