Monday, May 25, 2009

Today's Lesson From Quite Far From The Craft Room (somewhere in the Netherlands, 2 trains and a taxi away from Amsterdam): Let The Road Unfold In Front Of You

As I began my trip today...I mean last night (my clock is already confused :), I realized that I have a tendency to keep thinking about the day I will return home. I think ahead when I'm on the plane to what it will be like when I get off the plane (and sometimes that makes me quite nervous). I worry whether I will find my way to the train; whether I will find my colleague at the train station...trying to anticipate what might happen - what will happen. I went for a walk on the grounds of the conference center where I am staying (somewhere 2 train rides and a cab ride away from Amsterdam) and this photo (and the experience of the walk) remind me to let the road unfold in front of me. To just let it happen as it will. To live in the moment I am in. I will continue to try...this is a lesson I need to learn.

No comments: