Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: To Thine Own Self Be Kind

Today's lesson comes from the greeting on this card. How appropriate that this is the card I made when I ended work today and began my 4 days off from the hustle and bustle of work and my crazy travel schedule. Ahhhhhhh. It can be so easy to not be kind to ourselves - to run ourselves ragged; to eat on the go; to take care of others without recognizing that in order to take care of them we need to take great care of ourselves. So today, remember to be kind to yourself - take a moment for you - to replenish, renew, regenerate. Treat your body well. Tell yourself how beautiful you are. Do something that makes YOU smile. Today, and every day, is your day to be kind to you.

This card uses the Botanical Blooms Sale-a-bration set. You may notice a small black square stamped image in the background...hello dollar store package of pencils!!!! I bought the pencils and used an Xacto knife to cut the erasers into all different types of shapes (squares, diamonds, half-moons) - it's a cheap and fun way to make a lot of cute stamps! I distressed the edges of the card stock with a distressing tool. The top 2 layers are popped up on dimensionals. Hope you like it!

ps sorry I did not post yesterday - I had a day-trip to San Francisco that kept me out of the craft room...but now I'm back!!!! :)

No comments: