Saturday, April 04, 2009

This Morning's Lesson From Much Too Far Away From The Craft Room: Be Kind To Your Body

It is 5:08 a.m. Denver time, 7:08 a.m. Boston time, 12:08 p.m. London time...and my poor body is quite confused! I went to sleep at 7 p.m. thursday evening and slept for 11 hours! I awoke with a cold and then developed a headache a bit later in the morning...and I pushed - I went to lunch with colleagues, to dinner at a friend's house and then back to the hotel to see family members. I finally went to bed last night at midnight and was WIDE AWAKE by 5:30 a.m. There is only so much my body will tolerate from me before it says "If you are not going to take care of me, then I am going to get involved and start taking care of myself!" I have to say that for this, I am grateful - when my body says "No!" and tells me that it has had "Enough!" I wish it was easier for me to say "no" and "enough" - that I would have already learned the lesson to be kind to my body and follow its rhythms and needs. So today, I will do my best - to rest when I feel tired, to eat when I feel hungry, to be still when my energy is low.

This is a simple card from my archives. I used the scalloped edge punch and some stickles to make everything glittery. Sometimes it is the simple cards that really make me smile. Subtle touches, clean lines. I hope you like it! Today, simply be kind to your body. I know I will :)

No comments: