Sunday, April 19, 2009

another lesson from the craft room today... run with your inspiration!

I'm having fun in the craft room today so I thought I would share another card with you. Today I'm feeling like I just need to run with my inspiration and keep creating! :) This card was made using the cracked glass technique. In case that is not familiar to you, you stamp on a piece of cardstock (in this case the cardstock frame that I die cut with the Big Shot). Then you smoosh (that's a technical term...at least it is now!) Versamark ink all over the stamped cardstock and coat it with glassy glaze enamel embossing powder. Then you heat until the embossing powder melts. Repeat the smoosh, emboss and heat steps two more times (for a total of 3 times). The embossing will look thick and glassy. Next, put your embossed piece of cardstock in the freezer to let it chill. Once cold, remove the cardstock from the freezer and you will be able to bend the cardstock and the enamel will crack! It's quite fun and it looks really cool (no pun intended :)! All of the flower images are from the Eastern Blooms stamp set and the message (inspire) is from one of my favorite sets, Define Your Life. (all stamp sets by Stampin' Up!) Enjoy!!!!

No comments: