Monday, March 30, 2009

Today's Lesson From Much Too Far Away From The Craft Room: Take A Walk In Nature

Today was a long day and an enjoyable one. I woke to the sound of birds singing...quite loudly...and since I don't have a clock in my room I had no idea what time it was. I knew it was morning of some kind :) Work went well and after the workshop I decided to take a walk around the property. There is a path that winds around a golf course - it was empty and a bit cloudy and chilly outside and it felt incredibly invigorating! The highlight were quite a number of bunny rabbits chasing each other wildly around the golf course! I had never seen such a thing! They didn't like seeing me, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching them!!!! It seems like no matter what is going on in my day, taking the time to take a walk in nature really grounds me. It opens my mind and my lungs and makes me take in what is truly beautiful...I highly recommend it!

This card set was made a few months ago. All of the leaves and flowers and birds make me think about being outdoors. The upper right-hand corner is the card holder for the set. The other cards fit neatly into the holder and it makes a wonderful gift! When I get home I will try to take some inside photos of this type of holder so you can see how it's made. Enjoy...and go take a walk in nature :)

No comments: