Sunday, March 08, 2009

Today's Lesson from the Craft Room: Focus On What You Have To Be Grateful For

I'm not sure when the habit started, but at some point in my life I decided to keep a journal every night. A simple journal where I would right down at least 6 things that I was grateful for that day. I have not always been consistent with the habit. I do find, however, that when I do take the time before I go to sleep to remember what I have to be grateful for, it puts me in a place where I am happy, content, and peaceful.

My last journal began as spiral bound index cards - the kind you find at any office supply store - and you look and wonder why the spiral binding made such simple index cards so expensive! I am on my few final "pages" and decided to save myself a trip to the office store and walk, instead, into the craft room. I have to admit that I had bought a bind-it-all machine quite a number of months ago and I had never taken it out of the box...until today! Now it is staying out of its box because I am thrilled with the ease of putting together my new gratitude journal and feel this project will make a very special gift for many people in my life (who I am very grateful for!).

So tonight, before you drift off to sleep, take a few minutes to reflect on your day and focus on all of those things you have to be grateful for. It may surprise you how long your list actually is.

No comments: