Thursday, March 19, 2009

Last Night's Lesson from the Craft Room: Give It A Second Chance!

The first time I tried out the Stampin' Up! texture plates I have to admit that I wasn't really a fan. It could have been that I was used to the cb embossing folders. Or maybe it was because we didn't have the silicone pad and were improvising. However, last night I gave them a second chance and now I'm a HUGE fan!!!! My friend came over last night and we were trying them out (she just purchased them and decided to bring them with her last night so we could play). A new world opened up to me when she said, "I wonder what it would look like if we put ink over it." And that's when I fell in love :)

I ran kraft card stock through the Big Shot with the large dot texturz plate and then used close to cocoa ink. It made me think of luggage and travel...so this journey diary was born :)

So the next time you think you don't like something, be open to giving it a second chance...you never know what might happen!

No comments: