Monday, February 02, 2009

Today's Lesson from the Craft Room: Everything old is new again!

Today I looked through some vintage photo albums that I found in the house (my significant other is an antique dealer, so you never know what he'll bring home next!). I decided that the images might be fun to use in cards and today's SCS challenge was to make a recessed window card. What a great opportunity to make something old new again!

I scanned a bunch of the vintage photos and this little guy really grabbed my heart! I printed the scanned photo onto whisper white card stock. I used the sanded background stamp with tea dye ink to age the card base and used a buckle punch to make the front mimic a suitcase. The greeting was printed on the computer. For some reason this card reminds me of an old Little Rascals episode where Spanky was totally in love with Miss Crabtree :) (yes, I know I'm dating myself :)

So look around your house and see if you've got something old that you might make new again! You never know what might grab your heart :)

1 comment:

Valerie said...

This little guy is outrageous! I love it! So this was a "real" picture of someone in history, and not just a posed funny...that's even better
Val