Saturday, February 07, 2009

Today's Lesson from the Craft Room: Find your peace :)

After a work trip this week, I was ACHING to get back to the craft room. It is the place where I have found my peace - my stillness - where everything becomes pure joy and focus.

Today's challenge was to get inspired by Hunkydory Home! I chose the following retro owl clock - http://www.hunkydoryhome.co.uk/hunkycat/retro-clock-p-336.html - he just stared at me and said, "I'm your inspiration!"

I ran the background through a cb embossing folder and sponged the very vanilla card stock with chocolate chip. The leaves were die cut with vellum and chocolate chip and then I outlined with an SU marker. The branch was cut by hand and then run through a cb folder. The owl is a combination of freehand cutting and some punches.

Enjoy! And may you always find your peace!

No comments: