Monday, January 26, 2009

Today's Lesson from the Craft Room: Boldly go where you have never gone before!!!

OK, so today's lesson may require a little explanation so here goes...I was gifted a used sewing machine about 4 years ago and it has sat in the craft room, gathering WAY too much dust for the last 4 years. And along comes Fern (THANK YOU SO MUCH) on SplitCoast and challenges us to do some pleating. So I decided to boldly go where I had NEVER gone before! I took down the sewing machine, got out the instruction manual and threaded my first bobbin and sewed my first paper pleats!!!!!

If you've ever taken a look at the book Simple Abundance you may know that on one of the days Sarah Ban Breathnach says, "Some mornings you wake up not knowing what to expect and you get to ride an elephant!" Well, today, I got to ride my elephant!!!! Well, ok, maybe not quite an elephant, but I learned how to use a sewing machine and make pleats and I sure feel like I got to ride an elephant!!!!!

Hope you enjoy!!!! Now go ride your elephant! :)

ps I'm finally going to the doctor today to see about dealing with this everlasting cold. I could have spent the day in bed, but decided better of it and got to ride an elephant instead :) I feel better already :)

No comments: